[Q] APK downloads.

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Dr Tone

[Q] APK downloads.

Post by Dr Tone » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 pm

I have neutron installed via the Google Play Store.

When I install the NEON apk file, the app just crashes on my Note 2. So I clean installed from the play store again, and tried installing the regular non NEON apk over the google play store version. The app still crashes.

I thought it was something to do with NEON, but it seems more related to the apk files you are providing on your site not liking the the Note or 4.1.1 that it comes with.

Dr Tone

Re: APK downloads.

Post by Dr Tone » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 pm

If I uninstall the version installed from the play store, the downloaded regular apk and neon apk install and work fine on my Note 2.

gschuck

Post by gschuck » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 pm

I think I have the same problem on my Samsung S3. After the last upgrade I re-installed the 'NEON' download and now it will not run. Not sure what to do.

Dr Tone

Post by Dr Tone » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 am

gschuck wrote:I think I have the same problem on my Samsung S3. After the last upgrade I re-installed the 'NEON' download and now it will not run. Not sure what to do.
It's messed up at this point. You have to uninstall Neutron and just install the Play Store Version until the issue is addressed or install the NEON version without installing the play store version and hope the issue is fixed before the trial time runs out.

gschuck

Post by gschuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 pm

I reinstalled and it is working. I'll hold off on downloading the NEON version. Thanks!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

The problem is caused solely by Android OS installer and problem looks to be sporadic. APKs, standard or NEON are fully ok. The problem is that sometimes (on some specific versions?) Android OS is doing something completely wrong when updating the app. It is not funny because in such situation developer of 3-rd party app can't do anything to circumvent this problem.

One of, probably, 100% solultions would be the following:

1) Follow steps in FAQ (http://neutronmp.com/faq, Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?) and make sure your current Neutron database is moved to /sdcard/NeutronMP.

2) Uninstall your current Neutron version (because of step (1) the database and all settings will not be lost).

3) Install NEON version and start Neutron, Neutron will favor database location in /sdcard/NeutronMP and will work with it.

4) Once you see an update, uninstall current version and install newly downloaded APK.

Dr Tone

Post by Dr Tone » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks! I've moved my database and settings.