VPN Support

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Hinge

VPN Support

Post by Hinge » Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Am I correct in understanding that the current version does not have VPN support.

I have a PPTP server on my router and I prefer to use it rather than opening ports up.

When I use the VPN I only see the local Wi-Fi address I'm connected to, not the address assigned by the appliance on the remote end.

Just checking to see if I've done something wrong on the configuration.

Again, thanks for such a wonderful music player.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: VPN Support

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 21, 2013 8:01 am

Hi!

Normally when you are connecting to VPN your device is assigned with VPN's internal IP address, e.g. as if you connected device into WAN/LAN and its DHCP server assigned some IP. So, in such situation there is no specific support required as IP of your device must be changed to VPN's internal one.

> I only see the local Wi-Fi address I'm connected to

Do you see it in Neutron's UI? In: Database screen -> Sources -> [+] -> Network -> Network? May be VPN connection created some additional network interface which you could access for enumeration.

Also you could try specifying direct address (IP) of your server on VPN, to do it: Database screen -> Sources -> [+] -> Network -> [+] -> [ADDRESS] -> confirm and try pressing on newly created entry to connect to server's SMB/CIFS service.

Hinge

Post by Hinge » Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Just to follow up,

I switched router/vpn appliances this past weekend and my VPN access with Neutron was solved.

The issue was on my end.

I went froma sofaware safe@office 500 to a newer Intel model and I can see the file shares just fine.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon May 27, 2013 8:28 am

That's great that problem is resolved!