TrustGo detects trojan for NEON installation

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ziri

TrustGo detects trojan for NEON installation

Post by ziri » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 am

I purchased (and love) Neutron via Google Play. Verified that my Galaxy S4 carries NEON. Downloaded NeutronMP_NEON.apk from the Neutron download page ("Packages with license from Google Play Store") to the device. As required, I checked to allow manual installation (from "unknown" source). Installation executed properly with expected prompts for updating of purchased version, and so on. BUT THEN my TrustGo Mobile Security and Antivirus (first time ever!) interrupted the finalizing of the installation and popped up a warning of a "Malicious" category trojan. Naturally, I uninstalled. Any idea why this is coming up?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: TrustGo detects trojan for NEON installation

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

It is coming up due to the fact that developers of TrustGo must improve heuristic/detection logic of their application. Normally Android apps are obfuscated to hide the code structure from those guys who like to crack apps or reverse engineer. Most probably TrustGo has some wrong byte code sequence registered which as they think belongs to trojan/virus code body.

Please do not worry, Neutron is clean app! Of course as long as you are not using some cracked versions, or versions not downloaded directly from http://neutronmp.com/downloads, or Google Play, or any other official distribution source.