[FIXED] Crash when scanning SMB folder

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
kenshironanto

[FIXED] Crash when scanning SMB folder

Post by kenshironanto » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 am

Hello,

I'm Kenshironanto, i've buy Neutron on play store, it's a really a great application.

My main use was listening music from my Synology Nas.

Everything were working great, may be except, sometime playlist taken huge time to keep updated. By the way, it wasn't a problem for me.

But now, i need your help. really.

Neutron everytime crash on updating playlist from nas, in fact, it crash everytime it meet a song file. I send already 2 reports for this.

Here's my network configuration :
  • - My FAI router : IP : 192.168.0.254 (with a hybrid NAS function)
  • - One Server, Windows 2012 standard, 192.168.0.1, DNS to 192.168.0.254, with a secure VPN (working perfectly actually)
  • - My Synology NAS DSM 5-0-4482 : 192.168.0.50, with correct parameters (sharing privileges for smb users)
  • - My Phone : Nexus 4 Mako : 4.4.2 offical, then CyanogenMod lasted stable version / Nightly version, and Madhi rom (everday updated), IP DHCP from Server 2012
  • - My computer : Windows 7 ultimate udpated. 192.168.0.100

Everything were working great, instead of lasted update.

I've tested multiple roms on Nexus. I completely my Nexys ti have a clean & fresh install. I Also try to move files on my Synology, i try to use my FAI as Nas function. Even if i try different Roms / sharing place, problems are still the same, Neutron crash.

I's my main app for music, And it was working perfeclty well trought VPNn! It's my Best appz please, really, help. Everything working greats before, and network structure configuration didn't move same as My rom on phone.

Here's a video of that crash :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXtEwc3e678

Please, Help Me.....

kenshironanto

Re: Crash when scanning SMB folder

Post by kenshironanto » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Oh... my .... god.

I find the problem....

It's seems you put some limitation that can containt a folder with song. You set it to 500.

Let me explain : my NAS containt something about 10 000 mp3. That now 2 days i'm trying to keep working Neutron.

If i create a directory that containt 499 MP3,

everything is ok. BUT

If i just add a single MP3 in this folder Neutron crash.

Is there a solution to solve this problem? (i was perfectly working before updating)

I've a bad feeling about this story..... :'(

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Crash when scanning SMB folder

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 06, 2014 9:46 am

There is crash bug in Neutron's SMB/CIFS core that will cause crash if SMB folder has >= 100 files. It is fixed and since next update all will be fine. As workaround you could create several source entries and select several sub-folders. I am really sorry for the problem caused!

millenium_neil82

Re: [FIXED] Crash when scanning SMB folder

Post by millenium_neil82 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 am

When is the next update? I think scanning for normalisation caused crash, and neutron is now refusing to start up. Last time when it happened only a couple weeks ago, I had to reinstall the app, and I lost all the playlists as a result. I had since spent several hours to reconstruct playlists, and I hope I'm losing them again this time round.

millenium_neil82

Post by millenium_neil82 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:40 am

Again, Neutron crashed on me, and it won't start up. This happened for the forth time in a couple weeks. Unlike last time, I wasn't doing anything CPU intensive - no normalisation, 32bit processing, no EQ etc. I don't get it - how is it so unreliable and the developer isn't even aware of this? Is it just me who is experiencing this?

I will have to reinstall the app again, and will have to lose the playlists along the way that I had compiled. Why is the title of this thread indicate that SMB in Neutron is "[FIXED]" when that is clearly not the case? I just cannot get SMB to reliably work with Neutron. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

zamzon

Post by zamzon » Sat May 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi,

I not really familiar with all the options and features, but having some troubles with scanning the files to build the library.

I can not tell what the number of files in the (last) scanned folder has been, but i crashed after a total of about 93000 files from the NAS (WIFI-DISK).

I prefer not to have a library built from the tags, but only navigate in the folders and only create (offline/PC) several simple (.m3u) playlist which refer to the files via SMB:<ip/host><path>. Building and updating such huge libraries (150Kfiles) is just slow and complicated (see crash above).

As a first step I created:

smb://10.10.10.254/WiFiDisk1_Volume1/Musik/Blues/Joe Bonamassa/2006 - You And Me/01 - High Water Everywhere.mp3
smb://10.10.10.254/WiFiDisk1_Volume1/Musik/Blues/Joe Bonamassa/2006 - You And Me/02 - Bridge To Better Days.mp3
[..]
smb://10.10.10.254/WiFiDisk1_Volume1/Musik/Blues/Joe Bonamassa/2007 - Sloe Gin/10. Richmond.mp3
smb://10.10.10.254/WiFiDisk1_Volume1/Musik/Blues/Joe Bonamassa/2007 - Sloe Gin/11. India.mp3

which works :P , cause even "only" adding about 2000 tracks of such a playlist, took many minutes. More tests the next days..

Thomas.