Cant create playlists

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ZeroGrade

Cant create playlists

Post by ZeroGrade » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 am

After some time all my playlists were gone and I can't create new playlists by clicking the playlist icon. How can I create new playlists. I am using a SGS2.

Thanks for the best sounding player on android.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Cant create playlists

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:56 am

Playlists were renamed to Bindings as it matches better the meaning. Playlists section since 1.46 will display M3U, PLS and other file-based playlists. Bindings section will contain bindings to top-level directories with music files. It is located in the bottom of top-level Playlist screen after Folders section.

krazman

Post by krazman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Hmmm. BINDINGS are now PLAYLISTS. And PLAYLISTS are now something else. Didn't Bill Gates get into trouble years ago for doing something like that with an early version of Windows? Not to mention, it took over an hour to figure out the change. Installed and uninstalled 3 times before I logged into this forum to find this post about the change.

Could you please place BINDINGS at the top of the list (Playlists, Albums, Artists, etc.)? Or even better, how about returning Playlists to Playlists and making Bindings the miscellaneous-files-of-differing-types list!!! Placing playlists in Bindings is very counter-intuitive from this user's perspective.

Please take this as constructive criticism, as that's how it is intended. I'm not trying to be mean.
kraz

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Why I modified it is because 'Binding', to my view, more correctly defines what is existing there. All entries are bound to one or more directories which contain music.

Playlists are usually used to define section for file-based playlists like M3U, PLS, XSPF. Moreover Neutron can now export Queue into M3U file-based playlist which is automatically registered and becomes listed in Playlists. Then you can rename queue_xxxx.m3u8 entry to some better name. In other players Playlists section has the same meaning and thus more understandable to users.

Did you make some multiple bindings and formed some kind of groups of music? What about using ENQUEUE functionality on each such binding, enqueue each binding into Queue, then export it (long press on Queue) and use Playlists as before? You can even re-arrange tracks inside saved M3U file (later I will add possibility to sort tracks). Would it be ok solution?

krazman

Post by krazman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 am

I just didn't understand it, I guess. Your solution should work fine. I will just have to play around with it to get more familiar with this method. Ability to sort WITHIN ALL LISTS (playlists, artists, songs, bindings, etc.) will be most welcome!

Thanks for your reply and help!
kraz

ZeroGrade

Post by ZeroGrade » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Ok, I tried to create a playlist after enqueing some songs. But these didn't show up as playlists.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

It shall show up in Playlists section as 'queue-MM_HH-DD_MM_YYYY.m3u8' where first MM_HH is minute and hour of file creation and last DD_MM_YYYY is day, month and year. You can assign different name to it by long-pressing on the entry and choosing RENAME button.