motorola xoom binding issue

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
marloirish

motorola xoom binding issue

Post by marloirish » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 am

Trying to get files into playlists with autoscan and manual scan all folders searched and no songs pop up. Is neutron not compatible with the tablet, works awesome on my droid3. If I go to the fille manager and select a song from the sd/music file it plays using neutron but it won't put it in the playlist of neutron. Would Be willing to delete music and move to internall external whatever would fix the problem. I'm sure there is a simple solution

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: motorola xoom binding issue

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 am

Hi! :) Do you mean that you have music in /sdcard/music and Neutron does not register it in own DB?

> Would Be willing to delete music and move to internall external whatever would fix the problem.

Actually Neutron has to detect and recognize music located in /sdcard/XXX folders without problems. Could you try latest version from here (http://neutronmp.com/downloads/file/1-neutronmpapk.html)? Also before installing try deleting all traces of Neutron on your XOOM:
1) delete, if exists: /sdcard/NeutronMP
2) delete, if exists: /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp

Then Install downloaded APK and try scanning again. I had similar problem with another Android tablet and there it looked similar: internal file manager was showing files, stock music player could play them, but Neutron was scanning those folders and got 0 files. The problem was solved by device reset to default (I do not know if it is suitable solution for you and if it will work 100%), so the problem was caused by some undefined behavior of Android OS.

marloirish

Post by marloirish » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for the help will try that link its acting just like you described ill get back to you

marloirish

Post by marloirish » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 am

Well after a couple of hours of trying to delete neutron files I did a factory data reset and installed neutron and it works on the tab. You guys rule! I'm assuming not being able to delete those files was the problem, kept saying unable to delete . So factory data reset did the trick using your download link of course, thank you so much for you help!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 am

No problem! :) Good that it helped you. Looks like some Honeycomb bug with storage ...