Cannot connect to WD my cloud NAS

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Jan

Cannot connect to WD my cloud NAS

Post by Jan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:34 am

Hi, I have a problem with connecting to NAS (WD my cloud) on iPhone. I can connect by smb using other apps. I also had been using Neutron on android phone and didn’t have any problems with connecting to that NAS.

UPnP/DLNA shows nothing. I also cannot find NAS using "Network" option - it can be there but I cannot tell because some devices are listed not by name, IP or MAC address but some strange combination of letters and numbers. Tried contacting manually adding IP, user and password, but without any luck.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

blaubär

Re: Cannot connect to WD my cloud NAS

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am

Jan wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:34 am
Hi, I have a problem with connecting to NAS (WD my cloud) on iPhone. I can connect by smb using other apps. I also had been using Neutron on android phone and didn’t have any problems with connecting to that NAS.
I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask whether this should work on iOs.

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Thanks. I did it, but didn’t get any answer :(.
I think that it should work… it works on other music player on my iPhone. Unfortunately, on one that doesn’t support playlists.

axa1962

Post by axa1962 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Android app has no issue. Cannot download a free IOS version on my works iPhone to test. Not paying twice for the full version.
SMB://wdmycloud/public/shared music/Andrew/flac is my library address in settings, media library, sources, then plus to add upnp/dlna or network. The address will be different if using upnp
Hope it helps

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 pm

axa1962 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 pm
Android app has no issue. Cannot download a free IOS version on my works iPhone to test. Not paying twice for the full version.
SMB://wdmycloud/public/shared music/Andrew/flac is my library address in settings, media library, sources, then plus to add upnp/dlna or network. The address will be different if using upnp
Hope it helps
Thanks for help. I tried your suggestions and have experimented with address settings a lot, but without any luck :/. Probably it's something with IOS version of Neutron. On android it was working flawlessly.

axa1962

Post by axa1962 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Best of luck trying to resolve it. Apple for you!! It's why I changed to Android