A: Starting from the 2.17 version Neutron Player supports the license checking using NeutronID only. It is a very simple approach which requires only a license e-mail account and password which you need to register in the Neutron Console. If version of Neutron is 2.16 or lower, use the obsolete method below.
PayPro users: you have to activate account in the Neutron Console and then use the same account and password to activate an application (settings -> Help -> Account -> NeutronID). NeutronID is the only valid activation method (except app store itself) starting from the 2.17 version for Neutron Player and 1.03 version for Recorder (it is not supported on 2.16 or earlier!). To active your account in the Neutron Console enter the license e-mail account into Email field and anything for a password to initiate the password reset procedure. Then activate your account using the activation link sent to your e-mail account.
More details please read in this article of the FAQ.
[OBSOLETE, only for versions 2.16 and lower, may be removed in the future]
A: Make sure Neutron is downloaded and installed from here. Check if e-mail account is listed in the Neutron's settings -> Help -> Account section. If not, try adding it via the OS settings as POP3/IMAP e-mail account.
If OS does not provide a possibility to add a POP3/IMAP e-mail account and/or e-mail account is not automatically listed in the Help -> Account section you could try installing a e-mail application (tested: Aqua Mail) and add your e-mail account to that e-mail application. E-mail application will propagade the registered account in the OS as a e-mail account. After that re-start Neutron and check if account is listed in the Help -> Account.
If both approaches do not help (account is already added to the OS settings and/or e-mail application but Neutron does not list it automatically) and Neutron has permission to access the device accounts then you could try adding account directly into the Neutron via Help -> Account -> by using [+] button in the bottom panel. Please note Neutron will only check if authentication is valid but will not access e-mail account any further.
See examples below how to add e-mail account details.
Also make sure that access to the account via POP/IMAP protocol is enabled in the mail service settings:
- 163.com (use authorization code if password for e-mail account does not work, instructions here)
- 126.com (similar to 163.com, enable POP/IMAP access explicitly for account, instructions here)
- QQ.com (more details here)
- Gmail.com (you will need to enable access for a Less Secure Apps which can be disabled after a license check: http://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps)
- Yahoo.com (generate password for 3-rd party app access, use IMAP)
- If Neutron failed to validate account the account list entry will become yellow.
- You can disable IMAP/POP3 access for your e-mail account if license check succeeded (when you see red dot on your e-mail account in Help -> Account list).
- If you reset Neutron's settings you will need to account details again.